Because of CO-VID-19, We will not be holding Sunday school, Lamb Fold or nursery care. However, Rev. Audrey will be telling Bible stories that can be accessed either on Facebook or YouTube. We continue to be accessible through email - firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 973-744-0270.
Sunday School: September-June
Children meet in classrooms with their teacher from 9:15am to 10am for fun and lessons. We work together to help children develop and deepen their faith by:
- Providing a safe and stable environment
- Providing well-rounded, theologically sound lessons based on the Bible, worship, sacraments, and outreach to the community following the traditions of the Episcopal Church
- Encouraging active developmentally-appropriate participation in worship (choristers, instrumentalists, acolytes, and lectors) as part of the body of Christ, the Church
- Encouraging and preparing students in grade 8 and older to make their own public affirmation of faith at confirmation
- Providing modified curriculum and opportunities for children with special needs
7th & 8th Grade
The Rite 13 curriculum assists young people as they take the first steps of passage away from their families and into their own lives. Rite 13 creates a safe environment to explore the faith with new ideas and new possibilities. It includes a liturgical celebration which acknowledges the gift of gender and the creative power and potential of each child.
J2A - Confirmation - 8th Grade and older
The second part of J2A is preparation for confirming the chosen path of faith. The teens meet on 5 Sunday afternoons and for one class overnight meetings (Confirmation Retreat). Teens desiring to be confirmed attend J2A classes, church, and complete outreach and other class requirements. Teens also choose a mentor with whom they meet with 5 or 6 times over the year.
Nursery Care: available all year
Childcare, supervised by trained childcare givers, is available for toddlers and pre-schoolers in the nursery on Sunday mornings from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Children, at around the ages of 3 or 3 ½ may be ready to graduate to the Godly Play group, the pre-school Sunday school class. Children are welcome to try the Godly Play class for a few weeks to determine if they are ready to transition.
The Lamb Fold
This program is for our younger parishioners up through first grade, for whom sitting in church for the entire service may be difficult. The children meet in the Nursery area during the first part of the 10:15 a.m. service on the second thorugh fifth Sundays of the month. A trained child-care provider leads the group. They sing, have a snack, play, and listen to Bible stories until the exchange of Peace in the church, when the children come in to sit with their families for the remainder of the service.